- LOOKING TO ADOPT
- Domestic Programs
- Domestic Information
- International Programs
- International Information
- Adoption Facts
- Adoption Glossary
- Adoptions at Gladney
- Adoption Process
- Countries In Progress
- Hague Training
- Humanitarian Aid
- Information Sessions
- Older Children Webinar
- Orphan Care Ministry Resource
- Pathways Training
- Waiting Children
- Which Country is Right for You?
- Reference Families Information
- Get Started Today!
- I'M PREGNANT
- ABOUT US
- OUR SERVICES
- FAMILY ASSOCIATION
New York Metro GFA Presents: Baby, Toddler & Child Care for International Adoptive Parents Workshop
posted by KatyeT on Wed, 03/07/2012 - 16:45
New York Metro GFA Presents: Baby, Toddler and Child Care for International Adoptive Parents Workshop!
Date & Time: Saturday, April 21, 2012 from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: Gladney's NYC Office 850 Seventh Avenue, Suite 801, New York, NY 10019
Cost: GFA: $132/couple or $80/individual
non-GFA: $165/couple or $100/individual
RSVP: Gladneycommunity.com/BabyToddlerChildCare SPACE IS LIMITED! Sign up today!
This workshop is offered by the Infertility and Adoption Counseling Center and hosted at the Gladney Center NYC office.
It will cover:
- Preparing for international travel
- How to care for your child while overseas and what to bring on your trip
- Expectations and tips for meeting your child
- Surviving the flight home
- Impacts of institutionalization and typical medical issues
- Basic child care and medical care
- Strategies for adjusting and transitioning your child at home
- Understanding your child's needs
- How to choose a pediatrician
About the workshop facilitator: Bridget Devine, is an IAC Center Counselor who provides individual, family, and group counseling; and facilitates our Older Child Adoption and WISE Up Workshops. She will see IAC Center clients in Montclair, NJ and NYC offices. Drawing upon her hands-on adoption experience and her adoption counseling experience with children, teens and adults, Bridget brings both strong counseling skills and particular insights into the life cycle issues in adoption to her work.
Questions? Please contact Karen Kwan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-868-3434 ext. 307